Wednesday 2 June 2010

His Darkest Realms Chapter 4 Teaser

I'm sorry about the lack of updates at the moment - I am an official loser. I have a bit of a breather at the moment in real life, so I am doing what I can to write. In the meantime, here is a teaser of Isabella's and DoctorEC's first online convo. Enjoy!


I’m sorry Sir, I typed back as quickly as I could, my heart drumming to the sound of my blatant fear. What was I supposed to do? I could feel my heartbeat through my fingertips as they touched the keys on the keyboard.

I sat back in my desk chair, almost out of breath as I looked up to the ceiling, panting slightly. Why had I been so late? I looked over at the dress that I had laid out over my bed and I felt a slight pang of guilt that went with my uneasiness. It was odd for me to feel this flustered, but I liked it. It was making me forget.

The ping from my laptop was loud and abrupt; it almost sent me to the ground as I jumped out of my seat in fright. This was exactly what I wanted – adrenaline, fear and just to feel so animate. I looked carefully at the refreshed computer screen and almost tentatively opened the “patient review”.

Switch over to IM, Isabella. We will speak of your actions there.

Immediately and by order, I opened the IM service from the icon at the bottom of my screen, and instantly found an addition to my measly list of contacts containing just Alice, Angela, Mike and…Jasper.

I approved Dr. Edward Cullen’s request as soon as I could and then sat back again in my chair, desperately eager to find out what he was going to say next to me. What was he going to make me do? I knew that I had never met him before, but the tension of something, even over the internet, was driving my senses wild. I almost felt…amused.

Then, a conversation appeared.

Dr. Edward Cullen: Hello, Isabella.

I screamed inside. Just imagining my name falling across this guy’s lips was pretty much unbearable, and I didn’t even know what he looked like. Perhaps I was a little bit crazy. Fuck that, I was mental.

Isabella Swan: Hello, Sir.

I smiled smugly at remembering to call him “Sir”. I didn’t need to be in the shooting line for anything else tonight. I had obviously annoyed him enough already.

Dr. Edward Cullen: So, would you care to tell me why you were so late for our first meeting?

Crap. What was I supposed to say? Would it be right for me to answer in detail and truth or not to waste his time and just mutter some mildly believable excuse? I cringed as I chose the latter.

Isabella Swan: I was with my friends and we lost track of time. I’m sorry, Sir.

There, I was happy with that.

Dr. Edward Cullen: That’s not good enough, Isabella. Tell me another one.

I sighed deeply; I had made yet another mistake. Yet, I still wanted this, even though I wasn’t exactly the expert of being so submissive. However, I knew that to be subservient was also to be honest, so I was going to have to start doing that as soon as I could.

Isabella Swan: I was going shopping with my friends to buy a dress for a ball we have this Friday, Sir. I was going to be on time but when I saw one dress at the end I had to buy it and I didn’t notice the time.

Dr. Edward Cullen: You kept me waiting for a dress?

Shit. I knew he would be angry.

Isabella Swan: Yes, Sir. I am sorry, Sir.

Dr. Edward Cullen: Let me see the dress.

--

Hope you liked that little teaser. The rest of the chapter should be posted by tomorrow (Thursday) but if not, very due course.

Feel free to leave a comment below and follow this blog!

Edie x

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com