Friday 10 September 2010

Unexpectedly Chapter 16 Teaser II

Here is another teaser from Unexpectedly Chapter 16: The Goodbye a.k.a. smoocha-cheesy-kissy-fluff-a-thon.

I should be updating the full chapter on Fanfiction.net tomorrow and also Twilighted.net closely following. Enjoy until then!

~*~

“I think… I think I am ready…for more,” she said after a while, with added determination. Then she seemed hesitant about what to say next. “I just want… to love you.”

She saw Edward put this together slowly in his mind, and then she saw actual tears come to his eyes. Edward had been brought up to think that he was never allowed to cry – that wasn’t manly – no matter what happened to him. He was supposed to remain strong and composed. But he had sat up and turned his back to Bella now, and it seemed that he was breathing slowly and deeply for a very long time.

And then he picked her up and she held on tightly to his broad shoulders. He lay her down tenderly again. He looked into her eyes as she looked lovingly back into his, which made him say, without thinking, “Isabella, tell me what you want me to do. Even if it’s impossible, I’ll do it. I swear it. Tell me.”

All the words that Bella wanted to say were lodged inside of her, as if just before the entrance to her mouth. Her eyes spilled tears, which Edward dabbed off with his fingers, as if he could ruin a priceless painting by touching it too roughly.

Then Bella turned her face up to look at him, her eyes wide and almost ochre in the setting sunlight that was passing through the window of Edward’s bedroom. She then shut her eyes and then pursed her lips slightly. She wanted to kiss him again. Edward groaned.

“If I start now, I’m afraid that I will lose control. I know how much you have progressed, Isabella – I have seen it with my own eyes. But it’s only been two months since you have started experiencing life, love. I can’t take advantage of you. I won’t let myself.”

Her eyes willed him on. Her body willed him on. She traced the hemline of his collar on his shirt and bit her lip. It was suggestive in the most modest way, but completely irresistible. She followed her finger slowly with her eyes, and then she looked back at him.

“I can’t…”

She gazed at him with pleading eyes – the eyes that had lured him in on the day he had first met her; the same eyes that had carried so much pain and disorientation which now only contained longing and love. If she could have spoken at that moment, he was sure that she would have told him that she loved him and would do anything for him, and that he should do that same.

~*~

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com